A year ago I introduced a new furniture piece into our living space. It felt a little risky as I bought this one from an internet shop and had no in person experience with a physical product. The Napa Sofa by Poly & Bark not only brought the style we sought for a home refresh, it gave hope for relaxation. Prior to the upgrade to all mid-century modern furniture pieces, our space boasted two slipcovered sofas that flanked the fireplace. It was as though Jon had a sofa, and I had a sofa. We rarely sat (or snuggled, for that matter) on the same one. I assured him that with the elimination of dueling sofas, we would have more cozy times spent together.
So am I pleased with the big change? I have had twelve months to enjoy our new living room style and the Napa Sofa, and here are my thoughts:
- We have the 88.5" size and it offers ample seating.
- We can remove the two back cushions if we want to lay down together.
- The Cognac Tan Leather adds warmth to the interior design.
- For too long I was feeling closed in by the skirted look of slipcovered furniture. Mid-century modern design incorporates exposed wooden legs and creates a more open look to the space.
- The matching bolster pillows are included and amp up the modern look.
- My comfort score on a scale from 1 - 10 is a 10. I really have no complaints!
- The care of the Napa sofa is very easy. It's a durable design and does not show any wear and tear.
- Leather ages beautifully, so there's a confidence in knowing this sofa will be with us for the long haul.
- It serves overall as the anchor to my open concept design. No regret whatsoever on making an online purchase without first testing it out.