Ode to the Throw Pillow
I tried to write a poem describing the worth of the throw pillow, but I couldn’t do that. Please forgive my misrepresenting this post’s title.
If I could write a poem, I believe the throw pillow would be a worthy subject! I eyed a beautiful grey linen one with ruffle and button accents at one of my favorite interior design boutiques. Then I noticed its price tag: $280. Yeah, I didn’t bring that one home!
My home furnishings tout the essentiality of throw pillows. I mean, I could easily find twenty-five in use! I really love pillows. Let’s take a look at their perks!
- inexpensive update to decor
- pop of color for visual interest
- place to drop thine head when lounging
- a means of announcing a change of seasons or holiday’s arrival
- added comfort to hard seating surfaces
- where to store unused pillows (See my post, Furniture With a Purpose)
- always having to plump and return them to their spots
- crowding the space where someone would like to sit
Got a picture of a favorite throw pillow? Do you have a pillow-making talent? Please share ideas here and let’s enjoy the community of throw pillow aficionados!